I am a huge coffee and tea fanatic; however I have an insane tea collection at home so yes, you can say I’m a little obsessed. I love tea because of the variety of flavors and because I love a hot cup of tea to cozy me up on a cold day or just when I’m feeling down. A cup of tea always does the job.
I always knew that tea was good for your health but I had no idea how good it really was. From the vast variety of categories from Oolong, Black, Green, Herbal, and White teas; Tea is so good for your health.
12 Reasons why you should drink more tea:
- The antioxidants in found in tea might help protect against an enormous amounts of cancers, from; breast, colon, lung, skin, stomach, pancreas, small intestine, liver, ovarian, prostate, colorectal, esophagus, and oral cancers. (Thats ALOT of cancers that tea can help protect you against)
- Each tea helps with a distinct problem you may have. For example, if you have cramps, are stressed out, or need to relax try drinking Chamomile or Peppermint tea. Herbal teas overall will help relax the body and may even help you sleep.
- Tea boots your metabolism
- Your skin will look better, studies have shown that the antioxidants in tea may help keep your acne in check. (YAY! for tea lovers!)
- Black tea or Green tea will give you the same caffeine boost as Coffee and tea is better for your health than coffee. Yes, I am a coffee lover, but the truth speaks for itself.
- Tea helps lower blood pressure
- Tea helps with heart disease prevention
- Tea boosts your immune system
- Tea protects your bones
- Tea is calorie free (of course without additives like sugar, honey, etc.)
- Tea keeps you hydrated
- Certain teas help promote weight loss