Mother nature’s gifts are our best ingredients
Instead of going out and purchasing scrubs we can create our own, and the best part about it is that we know what is actually inside our scrubs. I’ve created 3 different DIY scrubs at home in the past few months and I love them.
- DIY Face Scrub
- DIY Body Scrub (New post coming soon)
- DIY Coffee Scrub (New post coming soon)
DIY Face Scrub I created was to exfoliate, nourish, as well as soften my skin. I used honey to help with preventing and treating current acne or zits. Coconut oil to soften and moisturize my skin. Lastly, sugar to exfoliate my face and give me a smooth complexion.
What you’ll need:
- Coconut Oil (I use the trader joes brand)
- Sugar (I use Sugar in the Raw, but any sugar will do)
- Essential oil to give it a scent (I used lavender, however if your skin is extremely sensitive you may not want to use an essential oil incase it can cause a breakout of some kind)
- 2-3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1-2 teaspoons of honey
- 1-3 drops of an essential oil (optional)
- Add all the ingredients in a small air tight container for long usage (My scrub lasted about 4 months)